Section 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below, we provide you with information about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data means all data that relate directly to you, for example, your name, address, email addresses and user behaviour.
(2) Controller in accordance with Art. 4(7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Matthies Spielprodukte GmbH + Co. KG, Kurt A. Körber Chaussee 64, 21033 Hamburg, phone: phone: 040 735 85 09, e-mail: office
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or using a contact form, we will store the data notified by you (your e-mail address, your name and your telephone number, if applicable) to answer your questions. We will delete the data that arise in this context after their storage is no longer required, or will restrict the processing if statutory storage obligations apply.
(4) If we rely on commissioned service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the respective transactions. In doing so, we will also state the specified criteria for the duration of storage.
Section 2 Your rights
(1) With regard to your personal data, you have the following rights towards us:
- right to information;
- right to correction or erasure;
- right to restriction of processing;
- right to objection to processing;
- right to data transferability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint before data protection supervisory authorities concerning the processing of your personal data by us.
Section 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) In case of a merely informative use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we will collect the following data, which are necessary for us for technical reasons so that we are able to display our website and ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6(1) point (f), first sentence of the GDPR):
- your IP address
- data and time of the request
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- contents of the request (specific page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- the transferred data volume
- website from which the request originates
- operating system and its interface
- language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies will be saved on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, as assigned accordingly by the browser that you use, which allow the entity that places the cookie (in this case, us) to then receive certain information. Cookies cannot run programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make the internet offering more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookie, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
Transient cookies (see b)
Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include, in particular, session cookies. They store the “session ID” with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognised if you return to our website. Session cookies will be deleted as soon as you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies will be deleted automatically after a pre-defined period which can be different depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your requirements and decline the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please note that in this case, you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are not processed by your browser but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are saved on your device. These objects save the required data independent from the browser you use and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want any processing of the Flash cookies, you can install a corresponding add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by setting your browser to private mode. Apart from that, we recommend deleting your cookies the browser history manually at regular intervals.
Section 4 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) Besides the use of our website for mere information purposes, we offer different services that you can use in case of interest. To do so, you usually have to specify more personal data that we will use to render the relevant service and to which the data processing principles specified above apply.
(2) To process your data, we sometimes make use of external service providers. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, they are bound to our instructions and checked at regular intervals.
(3) Apart from that, we may forward your personal data to third parties if we offer the participation in campaigns, competitions, contract conclusions or similar services together with partners. More detailed information will be provided when you specify your personal data or at the bottom, in the description of the offer.
(4) If our service providers or partners have their registered officer in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you on the consequences thereof in the description of the offer.
Section 5 Objection to or withdrawal of your consent to the processing of your data
(1) If you have provided us with a consent to the processing of your data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. Such withdrawal affects the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data after you declared it towards us.
(2) Where we justify the processing of your personal data on the basis of a weighing of interests, you may submit an objection to the processing. This is the case if the processing is particularly not necessary to perform a contract with you, which is in each case shown by us in the following description of the functions. When exerting such right to objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as it is done by us. In case of your justified objection, we will check the facts and either discontinue the data processing and/or adjust it or give you our compelling legitimate grounds based on which we will continue the processing.
(3) It goes without saying that you can object to the processing of your personal data for marketing and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us about your objection to marketing using the following contact data: Matthies Spielprodukte GmbH + Co. KG, Kurt A. Körber Chaussee 64, 21033 Hamburg, phone: phone: 040 735 85 09, e-mail: email@example.com).
Section 6 Using our webshop
(1) If you would like to order from our webshop, it is necessary for conclusion of a contract that you enter the personal data that we require for handling your order. The information required for executing contracts is specially marked, all other information is voluntary. We process the data entered by you for handling your order. When doing so, we can forward your payment information to our payment services provider. Legal basis for this is Art.6(1) first sentence point (b) of the GDPR.
You can create a voluntary customer account that allows us to store your data for further purchases at a later time. When creating an account under “My Account”, the data entered by you are stored in a revocable manner. You can delete all further information, including your user account, in the customer area at any time.
(2) Due to commercial and fiscal regulations, we are required to save your address, payment and order information for a period of ten years. However, we will limit processing after 2 years, i.e. your data will only be used for compliance with legal obligations.
(3) Due to regulations under commercial and tax law, we are obliged to save your address, payment and order details for a period of ten years. We will, however, restrict processing after 2 years, meaning that your data will only be used to comply with legal obligations.
(4) In order to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data, especially financial details, the order process is encrypted using TLS technology.
Section 7 Newsletter
(1) By granting your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, which we use to inform you of our current interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are listed in the declaration of consent.
(2) For the registration for our newsletter, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. That means that after registration, we will send you an e-mail to the specified e-mail address in which we ask you to confirm that you want to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm the registration within 24 hours, your data is blocked and deleted automatically after one month. Furthermore, we save the IP address used by you and the times of registration and confirmation. Purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration and, where necessary, to be able to resolve any abuse of your personal data.
(3) Only the e-mail address is compulsory as information for sending the newsletter. Following your confirmation, we will save your e-mail address for sending the newsletter. Legal basis is Art. 6(1) first sentence point (a) of the GDPR.
(4) You can withdraw your consent to the transmission of the newsletter and unsubscribe at any time. You can declare you withdrawal by clicking the link provided in every newsletter e-mail or by sending a message to the contact data provided in the legal notice.
(5) The only mandatory information required for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The provision of additional and separately marked data is voluntary and such data will only be used to address you personally. After your confirmation, we will store your email address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is point (a) of Art. 6(1) GDPR.
(6) Our use of shipping companies, us conducting statistical studies and analyses, and recording of the registration process are based on our legitimate interests. Our interest is using a user-friendly, secure newsletter system that both serves our commercial interest and meets the expectations of the users.
(7) You may withdraw your consent to the transmission of the newsletter and unsubscribe at any time. You can submit your withdrawal by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail or by sending a message to the contact details specified in the Legal Notice.
Section 8 Google Analytics
(1)This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (""Google“). Google Analytics uses so-called ‘cookies’, text files stored on your computer allowing them to analyse how you use our website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. In the event of activation of IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities, and to provide other services relating to the use of the website and the internet to the website operator.
(2) The IP addresses which Google Analytics transmits from your browser will not be combined with other data from Google.
(3) By changing your browser settings accordingly, you can prevent cookies from being saved; however, please note that you may not have full access to all website functions in this case. In addition, you can prevent the data created by the cookie and relating to website usage on your part (including your IP address) from being transmitted to and being processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the link below: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp ()”. As a result, IP addresses are processed in shortened form, thereby excluding the possibility of personal identification. Insofar as the data collected about your person is assigned a personal reference, it will be immediately excluded and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse and make regular improvements to the use of our website. With the statistics that we obtain, we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as the user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has agreed to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is art. 6(1), first sentence, point (f) of the GDPR.2
Sec. 9 Social networks and external links
In addition to this Website, we also operate various social media accounts for which we placed the relevant buttons and plugins on our Website. If you visit these accounts, your personal data may be transferred to the relevant social network operator.
We hereby inform you that user data will be transferred to servers located in third countries and that it may be processed outside the territory of the European Union. US providers certified under the Privacy Shield undertook to comply with EU data protection standards. For more information, please refer to https://www.privacyshield.gov/Program-Overview.
It is possible that social network providers process other information in addition to the saving of data which you provided directly on the social medium.
Apart from that, social network operators might process important data on the computer system you use to access the social network – e.g. your IP address, the processor type and the browser version, including plug-ins.
If you are logged on to your personal user account of the relevant network when visiting such website, the network operator is able to allocate the visit to your account.
For more information on the purposes and scopes of data collection by the relevant medium, their processing of your data and your rights in this regard, please refer to the controllers’ privacy policies, e.g. at:
- Facebook (Facebook, Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA):
- for fan pages: Agreement on Joint Personal Data Processing (Art. 26(1) GDPR) https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum
- Opt-out option: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/,
- Privacy Shield certification: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active
- Instagram (Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA)
We also point out that our Website includes other links to external website, whereby we have no influence on the processing of data by external websites.
Section 10 YouTube
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our website which are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and which can be played directly from our website.
(2) When you visit the website, YouTube receives information that you have accessed the relevant sub-page of our website. The data specified in section 3 of this privacy notice is also transferred. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account into which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged into Google, your data will be associated directly with your account. If you do not want the data to be associated with your YouTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube will store your data as user profiles and use it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the user-oriented configuration of its website. Data (including data of users who are not logged in) are for example evaluated in this way to provide custom advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your use of our website. You have the right to object to the creation of such user profiles; if you intend to exercise this right, please contact YouTube.
Section 11 Embedding Google Maps
(1) We use the services of Google Maps on this website. This allows us to provide you with an interactive map directly on this website and it makes using the map feature more convenient for you.